Jessica C. Worden has a strong background in environmental law, green building, and sustainability procedures. She is knowledgeable in a variety of environmental topics including alternative energy, global warming, superfund sites, and brownfields. She is also versed in various environmental laws and regulations including the Clean Air and Clean Water acts, Texas state and local law, and the Texas Commission on
Ms. Worden founded TerraNova Auditing & Consulting in 2009. Terranova uses a multi-pronged approach to address our current environmental problems, embodying Ms. Worden's tenacity, energy, and passion for the environment.
In late 2010, Jessica started her own law firm (www.wordenlawfirm.com). This boutique firm focuses on criminal, family, and probate work. Jessica strives to provide excellent client communications and effective and efficient results.
- First Green Chamber of Commerce in Texas.
- Specializing in green building practices, corporate sustainability measures and reporting, and environmental law.
Harris County Attorney’s Office
Environmental Law Clerk,
Houston, TX - 10/08 - 7/09
- Supported supervising environmental attorney with research, legal document preparation, and discovery.
Texas Commission on
Environmental Quality (TCEQ)Environmental Law Clerk,
Austin, TX - Summer 2008
- Supported the Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation divisions with enforcement document preparation, examination and witness preparation, and research.
The Quinn Law Firm, LLCLegal Secretary, Milford, CT - Summer 2008
- Transcribing, billing, memorandum preparation, aiding paralegal with client relations.
E - The Environmental Magazine
Advertising & Promotions Manager,
Norwalk, CT - 9/01 - 9/05
- Supported the Associate Publisher with ad sales, production of magazine, and general administrative duties.
- In-house webmaster responsible for upkeep of website and weekly newsletters.
90 w.p.m. typing. Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, Quark, Quickbooks Pro, Quicken, File Maker Pro, Microsoft Excel, Word Perfect, Microsoft Publisher, Power Point, TimeSlip, Westlaw, LexisNexis.
Thurgood Marshall School of Law,
Texas Southern University Houston, Texas
2009 Juris Doctorate
- President, Environmental Law Society (2008-2009); Member, Government Law Society (2009)
- Houston Bar Association – Annual Environmental Section Scholarship Recipient (2009)
- Student editor for Constitutional Law V.4, Levy (West) (2008-2009)
- In-house law school webmaster (2008-2009)
Southern Connecticut State University New Haven, Connecticut
2005 M.S. - Environmental Education
- Magna Cum Laude
- Member of National Honor Society
Loyola University Baltimore, Maryland
2000 B.A. - Fine Arts
- Co-founder of college’s environmental organization: Earth Consciousness (later evolved into Jane Goodall’s “Roots & Shoots” program)
- NCAA Division 1 Doubles Tennis Championships (1999), MAAC Singles and Doubles Champion (1998), MAAC Doubles Champion (1997)
Texas State Bar2010
Williamson County Bar2011
Guardian ad LitemSpring 2010
- Tennis, gardening, concerts, lectures, reading, volunteering.
- Available upon request.